Monday, April 13, 2015

Kindergarten Round-up

Meet the preschool class! {minus one who was absent that day}
14 Preschoolers + 12 Kindergartners= busy teachers
 On the Thursday before Easter, I had "Kindergarten Round-up" for preschoolers that plan on attending my kindergarten class this fall.  The fifteen children were here for half of the day.  I was so thankful to have the help of the local Headstart teacher.  She was so helpful and we work together so well!  I wish I had her help everyday!

K Round-up is intended to ease the anxiety of attending kindergarten by helping the children to see what school will be like.  I introduced myself and had this year's class read and show a drawing of what they like about school.  They met Rascal, the raccoon puppet.  I read them some good books, had art centers, gave them a tour of the school, did a fun science lesson, taught a lesson on American Robins and of course they had recess and playtime.  They were a wonderful group of children and I look forward to getting to know them better!  It was a great day!
Some kids enjoyed doing puzzles at playtime.
Others enjoyed playing with cars and building.
Play dough was a big hit!
At the art center they designed a chocolate egg using 
Q-tips and paint.
Very nice!
Some kids enjoyed drawing pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment