Friday, September 5, 2014

Weekly Testing

Each week I will test the students individually to see how they are doing.  I have found that this is the best way at the beginning of the year.  I use flashcards, games and toys to find out if they understood the skills taught for the week.  This is a good way to monitor where they are at and who needs more assistance.  The other students are in small groups working on activities in different areas of the room.  They did a great job at staying on task today! 

I would love to send the report home on Fridays, but I will need the weekend to get them scored, so they will be sent home on Mondays.  You can check the Parent Portal on DDN Campus to see how he/she is doing.  

I also take the time to ask the kids how they are feeling about school and what is going good for them or what concerns they may have.  They enjoy testing time and beg to be next!

He is matching upper/lowercase letters and naming them as he goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment